This course is intended for those in church leadership (i.e., etc.) to be provided with all of the tools needed to start a security ministry from nothing or to formalize and professionalize a security ministry already in place.
Excellent delivery and quality of presentation. There were a number of good things that were brought out as we walked through the facilities and as the demonstrations showed us techniques for maintaining control and a more secure environment. I think the course has made me more aware of security issues and well as giving me more tools to help make the church more safe.
Every church in the land should send a representative to this training. It would be a real eye-opener for the church and another avenue for saving souls.
The conference was well planned, material was relevant and the presentation was engaging. Instructor was well versed on the topics and could provide examples to help convey the information being presented.
[Instructor’s] passion for the subject was obvious in his delivery. Fun, interesting class. I saw many things I could (and will) implement into our existing program! Good use of my time.
Not only in depth knowledge of subject matter but obvious passion for the cause and a great heart for the student. [This training] confirms all the good things we have already done and adds considerably to the bag of tricks we are building going forward. Great information and well worth the investment.
Excellent program of instruction. Instructor kept students engaged throughout the blocks of instruction. Would highly recommend this course to any organization that either is starting up a security program or would just like a quick check to see if your security program is on track.
Outstanding presentation. Way to incorporate biblical principles into core mission of church! This course will help the church with implementing a sound security plan/policy.
Very well presented & I appreciated your testimony of your faith as well. You did a great job getting all to participate & feel comfortable asking questions.
The instructor was outstanding in knowledge and ability to teach even a slow learner, like myself. This course will assist me in identifying what or who might be a threat. It has equipped me with various tools that will allow me to be more effective during security detail…I truly enjoyed this course. I found the information extremely valuable.
This was an excellent presentation that covered many areas of church security. The presenter was well informed on the material presented and kept my attention the entire time. It was apparent [he] is passionate about the topic of church security and has a caring attitude.
Additionally this course will cover the importance of constructing written plan and give step by step instructions how to do so. Putting a plan for your security ministry in writing is very important because actions in a crisis will be judged under the assumption that your team reacted subjectively. A written plan allows your ministry to counter these assumptions by stating that your team DID NOT react subjectively but instead reacted objectively based on a written plan, policies and procedures that had been trained to all staff and volunteers involved. An overview of constructing and outlining a “Mission Statement”, “Biblical Authority”, “Goals & Objectives”, “Risk Assessment”, “Planning Checklists”, “Code of Conduct” and “Policies & Procedures” for your written plan are covered.
Additionally this course covers the following topics during this eight hour session.
- Justification of a Safety & Security Ministry
- Overcoming Objections to Protecting the Flock
- Statistics & Trends of Crimes Against Churches
- Challenges & Realities of Response “In Progress” Crimes
- Armed vs. Unarmed – Pros. Vs. Cons of Armed vs. Unarmed Security Personnel
- Personnel Selection for Security Ministries
- History & Demographics of Violent Events in Churches
- Active Shooter Response (Security Response vs. Leadership, Staff & Volunteers)
- Working w/ Local Law Enforcement
- Overview of Threats to Ministries (Intruders, Secular Extremists, Protestors, Disgruntled)
- Pastoral/Platform Protection – Overview & Considerations
- Physical Security Checklists & Considerations
- Offering Collection, Protection, and Transport
- Establishing a Medical Ministry –Overview & Considerations
- Liability – Overview & Considerations
- Ushers, Greeters & Parking – Including them in the Security Ministry Mission
- Nursery Security & Safety Procedures
- Radios & Communication Protocols & Selection
- Developing an Outreach for Protectors – Law Enforcement, Military, Medical and Fire
All attendees receive a 75+ page workbook, risk assessment worksheet, physical security checklists & template sections for the written plan.
Who should attend?
- Pastoral Leadership
- Business Administrators
- Facility managers
- Security Directors
- Children’s Directors
- Security Team Members
- Staff Leadership
Now Missouri POST approved for 7.0 hours of continuing education!