Responsible and conscientious adults who serve as part of a church or religious organization’s security ministry or team. All participants should be prepared to undergo a nationwide background check as a requirement to participate in this training.
NOTE: This class satisfies the training requirement for those seeking to gain their legal endorsement to carry a concealable firearm in the state of Missouri as well as those states that recognize Missouri’s training standard.
Very well presented & I appreciated your testimony of your faith as well. You did a great job getting all to participate & feel comfortable asking questions.
Not only in depth knowledge of subject matter but obvious passion for the cause and a great heart for the student. [This training] confirms all the good things we have already done and adds considerably to the bag of tricks we are building going forward. Great information and well worth the investment.
Outstanding presentation. Way to incorporate biblical principles into core mission of church! This course will help the church with implementing a sound security plan/policy.
The instructor was outstanding in knowledge and ability to teach even a slow learner, like myself. This course will assist me in identifying what or who might be a threat. It has equipped me with various tools that will allow me to be more effective during security detail…I truly enjoyed this course. I found the information extremely valuable.
[Instructor’s] passion for the subject was obvious in his delivery. Fun, interesting class. I saw many things I could (and will) implement into our existing program! Good use of my time.
Every church in the land should send a representative to this training. It would be a real eye-opener for the church and another avenue for saving souls.
This was an excellent presentation that covered many areas of church security. The presenter was well informed on the material presented and kept my attention the entire time. It was apparent [he] is passionate about the topic of church security and has a caring attitude.
Excellent delivery and quality of presentation. There were a number of good things that were brought out as we walked through the facilities and as the demonstrations showed us techniques for maintaining control and a more secure environment. I think the course has made me more aware of security issues and well as giving me more tools to help make the church more safe.
The conference was well planned, material was relevant and the presentation was engaging. Instructor was well versed on the topics and could provide examples to help convey the information being presented.
Excellent program of instruction. Instructor kept students engaged throughout the blocks of instruction. Would highly recommend this course to any organization that either is starting up a security program or would just like a quick check to see if your security program is on track.
This dynamic and life-changing course begins with classroom instruction that covers legal & liability issues and safety with a firearm. Classroom discussion includes the lawful and proper use of force supported by United States Supreme Court case precedents. Principles and tactics are applicable to team members who serve churches and religious organizations in an armed security capacity. The majority of our time involves physical training for developing tactically correct motor skills for deploying with your pistol in an emergency. These skill competencies include deploying your pistol, firing, and managing your gear while:
- Using a stationary position of concealment/cover;
- Moving forward and backward;
- Moving laterally and at oblique angles;
- Utilizing one or both hands from a variety of positions and fighting platforms.
Our building-block approach to training is appropriate for the person who is new to handling a firearm as well as the experienced individual who wants to take their skills and abilities to a new level. We focus on principles, tactics and techniques that will set you up for success in an armed encounter and we will teach you more than how to merely survive, but how to prevail and WIN in an armed encounter.
- Safety at Home, on the Range, and While Carrying Concealed in Public
- The Principles of Marksmanship
- Equipment Selection and Proper Gear Placement
- Legal and Justifiable Use of Force
- Winning Mindset and Stress Management
- Loading, Unloading, and Reloading
- Developing Natural Index Points
- Communication and Working with a Partner
- Verbal Challenges and Commands
- Proper Draw Stroke and Proper Recovery to the Holster
- Single and Multiple Threat Engagement
- Shooting on the Move
- Horizontal and Vertical Displacements
- Immediate Action Drills and Clearing Malfunctions
- Making Proper Decisions Under Duress
- CQB – Close Quarters Battle
- Prevailing in Low Light
Regarding our Training Philosophy and Practices:
Our training staff is composed of professional and experienced coaches and we are students ourselves.
We believe in treating everyone respectfully and as adult learners. Our coaches participate in the learning process and we use a building block approach to solidify skills before moving toward more advanced concepts. We believe that “capability breeds humility”. In other words, by achieving a higher level of skill you will be able to better maintain composure while under duress. Through managing fear the capable operator will operate more confidently, more quickly, and make better decisions in the stressful environment of a true emergency.
We do not believe in “check the box” training nor do we believe in “lowest common denominator” training. Individual assistance is always available.
Those who are not safe and conscientious with their firearms, those who are not willing to be open-minded, receive new information and try new concepts, and those who are not capable of keeping their ego in check should not enroll in our trainings.
Prerequisites and Physical Requirements for Firearms Training:
- You must understand the basics of how your firearm operates. This includes being able to lock open and close the action as well as load and unload the firearm safely. You should be able to “field strip” your pistol according to your owner’s manual for maintenance and cleaning. Bring your owner’s manual with you.
- You must be able to operate in a SAFE and CONTROLLED manner. Speed is not an issue. Muzzle discipline (where the gun is pointed) and awareness is paramount.
- You must possess the physical strength and stamina to repetitively function and fire your weapon during training drills. You must be able to move forward, backward, and laterally under control while holding your firearm in front of you and pointed at the targets.
- You must have personal self-discipline and be able to maintain mental, physical, and emotional control at all times and not become over-excited or lose your composure. You must be willing and able to accept coaching and instruction and follow commands.
- You must have a keen awareness and consideration for other participants while handling firearms and conducting drills in close proximity of one another.
Make sure you have the necessary equipment listed for training. Having a backup firearm, holster, magazines and ammunition is recommended in case of failure or break down. We cannot guarantee that a “loaner” will be available. Your handgun may be a revolver OR a semiautomatic pistol and it should be of excellent quality and function without difficulty. If you train with a revolver, it must be a double action model. Ultra small pistols that only allow a three-fingered grip, derringers, revolvers that require you to remove the cylinder pin to reload them, single action revolvers and any pistol that ha a capacity of less than five rounds are prohibited.
You must use a secure and well-fitting holster that retains your primary firearm near your dominant hip. “Secure” means that your pistol will never come out of the holster accidentally. Other types of holsters such as cross-draw, shoulder, ankle, belly-band, purse or fanny pack models are valid methods of carry, but are not acceptable for this training.
Minimum 1,500 rounds factory ammunition for the primary handgun.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Ammunition may be hard to obtain from some suppliers. Make arrangements for gaining your ammunition well in advance!
Required Gear and Equipment:
- 4 magazines or speed loaders for each firearm
- Pouch or carry method for spare magazines or speed loaders (you must be able to carry a minimum of 24 rounds of ammunition on your person for all exercises)
- High intensity flashlight (tail cap switch preferred) and spare batteries
- Hearing protection
- Wraparound eye protection – prescription glasses are acceptable
- Ball cap or cap with brim
- Jacket, vest, or heavy shirt to conceal your pistol and work from a concealed position
- Knee pads
- Hydration source
- Clothing and footwear suitable for all weather conditions
- Range bag or duffel that allows you to bring all gear to the line with you
- Cleaning equipment and materials in the correct caliber for your pistols