Workplace Active Shooter Response Solutions
The objectives and topics covered during this training provide workplace leaders, administrators, supervisors, human resource personnel, security and front line personnel with information and strategies on recognizing and responding to the violent intruder.
If the event were to occur what would the impact be to our customers, employees and culture? And how does “preparing in advance” assist in either preventing the event or mitigating the impact if it were to occur.
This course made us more aware. We will look at the policies we do have and see what we can improve upon to train our employees better.
Very impressed with the course and am able to take away many action plans!
This is valuable and much needed training.
Very helpful and interesting! We need to get more people in our community involved.
Very useful and applicable information. Easy to follow, good use of materials, handouts, etc.
We get many threats, so new information and ideas are always welcome. Excellent presentation and information.
The information on lockdown was very helpful and we plan to look at our location in a different light!
Top notch! Nice mix of lecture, video, discussion, and demonstration.
The overall goal of this training program is to provide the course participant with guiding principles and strategies to recognize behavioral pre-cursors to threatening and potentially violent incidents and then to respond accordingly. Participants will learn to:
- Recognize the frequency of incidents of intruder related violence in the workplace
- Identify and recognize risk factors that are inherent to the workplace
- Recognize on-duty law enforcement capabilities/limitations in responding to these types of incidents
- Understand and accept that the violent intruder event will most likely be over PRIOR to law enforcement arrival or as the intruder becomes aware of law enforcement presence
- Understanding the importance of awareness, education and training for front line personnel
- Attacker/Intruder goals and motivations
- Understand and implement principles of LOCKDOWN – “preventing access” vs. “delayed egress” in the workplace
- Understand and implement principles of LOCKDOWN FAILURE “preventing access failure” via the “3 OUT PRINCIPLE”
- Recognize and understand phenomenon of “Normalcy Bias” and training relative to overcoming this phenomenon
- Understand sensory based decision making and how it affects proper and improper response to the crisis
Training includes classroom lecture as well as realistic scenario based training that activates the “sympathetic nervous system”. Activating the SNS in training has proven most effective in preparing staff and personnel for response beyond the level of “lockdown” only and truly gives them the capacity to mitigate and prevail in this “worse case scenario.” Curriculum includes not only lockdown training but also “lockdown failure” response principles.
For more information about the training and consulting related to “Workplace Violence & Intruder Response” please feel free to call us at 888-569-5444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. References and testimonials can be supplied upon request as well.