Because It Can Happen Here.
Attacks on churches are on the rise. Yet the temptation is to think that it can’t or won’t happen in our city or congregation. The Church Security Handbook takes a practical, biblical approach to answering critical questions about security including:
• What are the odds of an attack on my church?
• Does church security indicate a lack of faith in God?
• How can we have a security team without a “fortress mentality”?
• Does a security team have to be armed?
• How do we select and train our team?
Vaughn Baker is the president of Strategos International. He has 20 years of experience in law enforcement including patrol, investigation, SWAT and special operations. He has trained thousands of school, health care, government, law enforcement and military personnel. Vaughn has also developed specialized intruder response curriculum for schools and churches. He has created some of the nation’s leading training on behavior pattern recognition. In addition, Vaughn serves as the director of security for a church of more than 6,000 in the Kansas City area, a position he has held for over a decade.