Keep Your Congregation Safe With Intruder Awareness Response for Church Personnel from Strategos International
Many churches have taken comfort in the thought that “it could never happen here.” But headlines and a steadily-growing body of statistical evidence demonstrate that violence in faith-based organizations is not an if, but a when.
• Violent events at churches have increased 600% in the last decade.
• Incidents of church violence have risen by 40% in the last year alone.
• Threats come from without and within the congregation.
Strategos International has trained more than 1,000 churches and thousands of church members in creating a secure yet welcoming environment. We travel weekly across the nation, educating, equipping and consulting with churches of all sizes.
For those who are unable to attend in person or who seek a refresher course, our comprehensive and practical seminar is now available online.
You can host this seminar in an IN PERSON format at your church by completing the COURSE HOSTING form HERE .
If you desire to provide this training for your ushers, greeters, deacons, elders, parking, children’s volunteers or church staff in a virtual or online format, then this is the solution for you.
This course is available on a USB flash drive or online via Strategos’ learning management system. Individual or organization-based pricing and licensing is available. After the course is purchased, the individual or organization will be emailed a PDF workbook to print for course participants.
Pricing and Details
Pricing is affordable for churches and non-profit organizations and rates are customized for individuals, small groups, churches or community-wide presentations. Contact us to learn more and discuss the best rate for your event. No special technology, software or IT staff is required.
- Individual Pricing (For individual to view personally)
- USB Format – $59 per person
- Online LMS via Strategos University (www.strategos-u.com) – $49 per person
- Organizational or Site Based Licensing (Group Viewing Simultaneously)
- USB Format
- Small Churches (5 or less staff members) – $399
- Medium Churches (6-20 staff members) – $599
- Large Churches (21 or more staff members) – $1299
- Online LMS via Strategos University (www.strategos-u.com)
- **Annual Subscription for Ongoing Volunteer Training**
- Small Churches (5 or less staff members) – $299
- Medium Churches (6-20 staff members) – $449
- Large Churches (21 or more staff members) – $999
- USB Format
Who should participate?
Church Security and Intruder Awareness trains and equips:
• Ushers and greeters
• Lay leaders and staff
• Security volunteers
• Deacons and elders
• Other volunteers in frequent contact with visitors and members
The training can help churches launch a church security or improve one that’s already in place.
What you’ll learn
Equip and empower your staff and volunteer team to spot and stop trouble before it starts. You’ll learn to identify suspicious behavior and respond peacefully and proactively with the goal of de-escalating potential conflicts.
The course covers all aspects of intruder awareness and response, including:
• Creating a culture of awareness
• Biblical Authority for Protecting the Flock
• Locking down your church facility in the face of a threat
• Normalcy Bias Phenomenon
• Handling Disgruntled & Protestors
• Technique of the Handshake
• What can be learned from a handshake
• Recognizing suspicious behavior
• Behavioral & body language indicators of armed persons
• Approaching suspicious or armed individuals (Demonstrations & Drills for Volunteers)
• Verbal conflict management & de-escalation
• The role of ushers, greeters and other front line team members
Read the full course description at Intruder Awareness Response for Church Personnel